Last Updated: Apr 24, 2017
Grays Harbor College Copyright Home
Of general importance:
Text of, and introductions to, copyright law:
Of special interest for educators:
- Fair Use is part of the Copyright Law, Title 17, chapter 1, Section 107, and you can find the official wording there.
- One good site of many for discussion of fair use is at the University of Texas: http://copyright.lib.utexas.edu/copypol2.html
- The Digital Millenium Copyright Act (DMCA) and the Technology, Education, and Copyright Harmonization Act (TEACH Act), amended the Copyright law's provisions pertaining to distance education and technology in education. These are codified under Title 17, Section 110(2), and you can find the official wording there.
- One good site of many for discussion of the DMCA and TEACH acts is: http://copyright.lib.utexas.edu/teachact.html
- General discussion of online teaching and copyright by the Association of College and Research Libraries: http://www.knowyourcopyrights.org/resourcesfac/faq/online.shtml