If you cannot locate a book or periodical to meet your research needs, the library has a service to help: Inter-Library Loan! This means we get copies of items from other libraries for you, at no charge.
How to do it:
- If you have the information about an item but we don't own it contact the library Reference Desk. You can do so in person, by telephone (360) 538-4054, email, or chat.
- Tell us your name, Student ID number, and contact information. (include cell phone number or email, if you want us to use that).
- Provide information about the item you need: Author, title, journal title, publisher, date, volume, issue, page number, etc. If you are not sure, contact us!
- You don't have to know what library owns it, we will figure that out.
- If you need to pick up the item at one of the branch campuses (Raymond, Ilwaco, Elma) be sure to tell us.
Time saving tip: if you are requesting an article that was found in one of our databases but not full text, you can email us directly from the data base without having to re-type everything!
- You can click on the "email" link while viewing the article information.
- Send the message to the reference email (firstname.lastname@example.org): In the comments space, type in your SID, name, and contact information
- The email will go directly to the reference desk and we will place the order for you.
General Policies and such:
As a student, this service is free of charge, excepting any fines for overdue or loss. Those are set by the lending library, and we will pass them on to you.
Policies regarding ILL items are dictated by the lending library. Due dates, renewals, and sometimes other restrictions, are all applied according to the policy of the library that loaned the item.
A final comment:
Give yourself enough time! It can take a few weeks for the materials to reach our library, so be sure to order early enough in the quarter to allow time for writing your paper.
Grays Harbor College 1620 Edward P. Smith Drive, Aberdeen, WA. 98520 (360)538-4050 (800)562-4830