A. College Policy
Conduct in the library and media center is broadly governed by the Code of Conduct as stated in the “Student Rights and Responsibilities” (Board Operational Policy 407.) All provisions of this policy are part of the definition of appropriate conduct.
B. Library Policy
Library specific policies are official rules and regulations enacted under authority delegated by the President of the College, to the Associate Dean for Library, E-Learning, and Media Services.
C. Library Staff Authority
All Library staff members are college officials with the responsibility and authority to enforce library and college policies and procedures.
D. Disruptive Conduct
If a library/media user’s conduct seriously interferes with others’ ability to use the facility and/or services, library media staff may remove the offending student from the facility. The term of removal may be 24 hours; if the ending time of that term should occur on a weekend or holiday when the library is open, then the removal shall extend until the next regular week day the library is open. (Example: if removal occurs on a Friday, then it shall extend through the weekend.)
No children shall be left unsupervised or unattended in the library or media center, as stated in Board Administrative Procedure 516.02.
F. Cell Phones
Cell phone use is allowed, but ringers must be quieted, and conversations must be at a level consistent with normally allowable talking.
Food and beverages are allowed with some limitations: liquids in closed container; if around a computer, must have a screw-on top; snacks, not meals, are allowed.
H. Study room use:
- Group study rooms are intended to be used by groups of 2 or more.
- Individuals may use study room if one is available, but may be asked to relocate if study room is needed by a group.
- Individuals cannot reserve study room in advance.
- A group may reserve room up to 3 hours daily: if available at the end of your session you may sign up for extra time.
- Room may be reserved for up to one week in advance.
- Reservations will be held for 10 minutes past the requested time.
- Conflicts with study room usage will be resolved by any available library staff member.
- Drinks and snacks permitted, no meals
- Leave room as you found it: clean off the white boards, remove any chairs added, clear off table.